I Am Pretty Amazing. . . Tomorrow!
The other day, I overheard part of a conversation between two friends. One of them was thanking the other for picking up her son from school because she forgot. This son of hers actually car pools with me, but because both of my kids were sick, I had left her on her own to get him to and from school. Since it was not part of her routine, she forgot him. I immediately told her I was sorry, and she confessed, "I haven't been a very good mom today. I'm glad that Heavenly Father gave us tomorrows so that we can have a fresh start."
Today, I am still pondering this. Because I am tired. I am never a good mom when I am tired. My kids have been sick since the weekend, and although I am pretty good for the first few days, I get really grumpy if I can't "FIX" it.
Yesterday Jacey (who had heard it from a friend) asked if we could put onions in our bedrooms for the night. Since I hadn't read up on it, I decided to give it a shot. So at 11:00 p.m. when Max started screaming because his ear hurt, I was hit with the smell of onions as I went to check on him. He was not being rational, and (more importantly) I was not being rational. I had done everything I knew to help him. I had given him Motrin. I had given him ear drops, and I told him we would go to the doctor in the morning. The onion had to go. Apparently that was not good enough, because he simply thought that he was not going to make it through the night being in so much pain.
That is why we were at Wee Care at Midnight. I don't really like Wee Care. While we were there the nurse asked us for Max's regular physician's name. I told her, but had to interject that Max hasn't seen him for a very long time. Why is it that my kids don't get sick during regular working hours.
Today, Jacey finally was able to make it to school, but Max is still home. Since I still haven't caught up on my sleep, I still am grumpy. Which is why after yelling at my sick son for not doing his homework good enough, I am letting him play the Wii.
Oh how glad I am that there are tomorrows.
By the way, I checked out the "Onion Myth" - I am pleased to say it is FALSE. Hooray! I can definitely say that is not a smell I want to smell when my kids are screaming at me in the middle of the night.
Today, I am still pondering this. Because I am tired. I am never a good mom when I am tired. My kids have been sick since the weekend, and although I am pretty good for the first few days, I get really grumpy if I can't "FIX" it.
Yesterday Jacey (who had heard it from a friend) asked if we could put onions in our bedrooms for the night. Since I hadn't read up on it, I decided to give it a shot. So at 11:00 p.m. when Max started screaming because his ear hurt, I was hit with the smell of onions as I went to check on him. He was not being rational, and (more importantly) I was not being rational. I had done everything I knew to help him. I had given him Motrin. I had given him ear drops, and I told him we would go to the doctor in the morning. The onion had to go. Apparently that was not good enough, because he simply thought that he was not going to make it through the night being in so much pain.
That is why we were at Wee Care at Midnight. I don't really like Wee Care. While we were there the nurse asked us for Max's regular physician's name. I told her, but had to interject that Max hasn't seen him for a very long time. Why is it that my kids don't get sick during regular working hours.
Today, Jacey finally was able to make it to school, but Max is still home. Since I still haven't caught up on my sleep, I still am grumpy. Which is why after yelling at my sick son for not doing his homework good enough, I am letting him play the Wii.
Oh how glad I am that there are tomorrows.
By the way, I checked out the "Onion Myth" - I am pleased to say it is FALSE. Hooray! I can definitely say that is not a smell I want to smell when my kids are screaming at me in the middle of the night.


I have never heard of the onion thing and I think it's hilarious that you tried it! We have had our fair share of ear infections around here and I have a homeopathic drop that seems to soothe the pain in the middle of the night. It has kept us out of wee care in the middle of the night so we can just go to the regular dr in the morning. I think it says Similason or something like that on the bottle. I'll have to show it to you. I'm glad that everyone is better now!
ReplyDeleteOh yeah, I have more to say. I know for sure I have bad mom days, okay mom days, good mom days, and great mom days. And when I'm tired, forget about it. That's when Greg tells me to go back to bed and he takes over. :)
ReplyDelete