Maybe I Should Tell Hime More

Last night, I went to Relief Society meeting, and was able to listen to Bro. C. speak about how to strengthen our marriages. I know you are wondering after my last post, why I would want to return to such a place as Relief Society. Well, since I really do love Relief Society, and I know I was just suffering from Metathesiophobia (fear of change), I decided to give it another try, and I was assigned to bring a vegetable dip. I was glad I went. Any reminders to love my husband more are always a good thing.

Bro. C gave us a 3 step guide.
1. Know how we connect.
2. Connect for at least 3 minutes spread throughout the day, preferably morning, afternoon, when they come home from work, and right before bed.
3. Touch more. He cited a research that's premise was increased love comes from touching, not the other way around.

I have noticed that I do not blog about Gregg much, and as I was looking for a picture to put in my blog, I guess he is behind the camera too often too. However, I think one of the reasons that I don't blog about him, is because my relationship with him is sacred and therefore private.

Gregg and I have gone through many of lifes challenges together, and have grown closer through each one. I have enjoyed seeing him grow in ways that I couldn't comprehend when we were dating. As I get older and the hormones don't work as they used to (Oh, wait, they never did.) He loves me through it all. Together we are amazing, but apart we are just two ordinary people.

Once when we were dating, I asked him to write down what love means to him. I wanted to understand how he loved. What I received has never been forgotten. In his hand written note on two sides of scratch paper was what love means to him. One line stands out through the years. He said, love gets to the point that you don't have to hear the words, you just know. Although, I know it is important to always keep telling each other that we love the other one, I am grateful to have reached the point where I just know.

So, while I am grateful to just know. I also want to tell him I love him, and am glad that he is my best friend.

10 Reasons I love my husband:
1. He listens to me.
2. He is a hard worker.
3. He loves to be near me.
4. He is rational, and thinks through things.
5. He genuinely cares for others.
6. He is humble.
7. He is gentle and kind.
8. He is a great dad.
9. He is amazing with my parents
10. Family is #1 to him.
11. He loves me.
12. (I don't know how to count.)

When I was comtemplating marriage to Gregg, I asked the question, "How do you really know that you have found the one you are supposed to marry?" "That 20 years down the road they aren't going to change their mind?" I had a good friend tell me, "You don't really know, you just know that you don't want to live without them." Gregg and I aren't perfect, but I am so glad that we are together even after 20+ years. I love you Gregg.

Comments