Hang On Life is Happening


Max receiving his awards at Pack Meeting. Way to go Max.
Yummy scones that I will post the recipe for on my other blog.
Max's opinion of the yummy scones.

This last week is sort of a blur.
Sunday: I had to speak in church.

Monday, I spent the day at the hospital. One of my friend's daughter was having surgery to remove most of her colon. I stayed to be moral support. I know I would be a wreck if the situation was reversed.

Tuesday: I woke up feeling like I needed to bring some sweet rolls to one of the ladies I visit teach. I was already making dinner for the first friend's family, so adding sweet rolls was no big deal. Then we had more eye appointments, and KUED night at the school and pack meeting. I was glad that I brought sweet rolls to my visiting teaching sister, because I learned that she had been sick for a week, and that her husband had been bringing in take out food for a while. I told her I would bring in dinner the next night.

Wednesday: I went to the cannery to do frozen berries. I love berries! My mom came with me, and we had a great time. Jacey and Max were a little disappointed that they didn't get the same dinner the neighbors did, but I didn't have it done in time for Jacey to eat before she went off to ballet. After dance, Jacey, Gregg and I went to Jacey's first New Beginnings. Wow, how times flies.

Thursday: Gregg and I went to the funeral of Gregg's brother's mother-in-law. I hope things come in three's. I don't really want to go to another funeral for awhile. Sometimes I like to go to funerals, and sometimes I come away with the feeling that I should be doing so much more. This one was the later. She definitely was an amazing woman. I don't know how she had the time to do everything that she did. She had way more kids than I do. She certainly set the barr high, and Gregg's niece did a fablulous job of honoring her grandmother.

Friday: Max got his eyes checked. Luckily he doesn't have the same issues as Jacey, but he sure was mad at me when he was reminded that he had to go to the doctor's.

Saturday, we finally were able to relax a little and then the craziness started all over again.

Today we are participating in a ward fast for the daughter that had surgery. She is not doing very well, and very much needs miracles to be worked on her behalf. Her body is not responding to pain medications, and she now has fluid on her lungs. She is in a tremendous amount of pain. I just wish there was more I could do for her and the family.

This week seems to be moving in the same direction as last week.

Comments

  1. Thanks for the compliment and for coming to the funeral. We wish your friend's daughter the best.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment