Christmas Treats
Did you know that if you are a missionary, that you should get unnatural amounts of goodies for the Christmas season. The list Gregg put together included: Mints, chocolate chip cookies, Cornflake cookies, Chocolate Mint cookies, Chocolate Dipped Pretzels, and Toffee. My response was, "Are you serious?" I kept imagining my stomach if I sampled all of them to make sure they tasted good.
I also was invited to a cookie exchange party in which I had to make 7 dozen cookies. Yuck. I started out rolling out the cookies, and ended up with bar cookies. I was making traditional Scottish Shortbread. The butter in the dough would cause the cookies to spread out too much and the cookies ended up flat and a little crispy. The bar cookies I hope will be more attractive to the party goers.

I also was invited to a cookie exchange party in which I had to make 7 dozen cookies. Yuck. I started out rolling out the cookies, and ended up with bar cookies. I was making traditional Scottish Shortbread. The butter in the dough would cause the cookies to spread out too much and the cookies ended up flat and a little crispy. The bar cookies I hope will be more attractive to the party goers.


Yum I'm drooling and want some of each!! I hope when you say mints you are talking about your delicious home made mints!
ReplyDelete