Be Still & Know That I Am

If there was a personal motto that I should follow it would be this. . . "Be still and know that I am". Because in the quiet, reflective moments of my life, I can feel the tender mercies of my Heavenly Father.

Today I had the opportunity to go to the funeral of my brother-in-law's father. My niece spoke at the funeral, and my brother-in-law also spoke. They really did a great job of honoring not only their grandfather and father, but also the Savior. I really appreciated their words.

On the way home, Jacey asked us if we had cried. Gregg said that he did, and Max and I told her we did too. I told her it was part of the covenants we made at baptism to mourn with those who mourn. To feel sad when someone you love feels sad. There was a wise bishop that spoke today that said that when we feel sad at someone's passing, it is because we love them. There would be no sadness if there wasn't first love.

So, to all the Hardcastles, we feel your loss at this time, and cry with you because we love you. Your dad/grandfather was a great man, and his legacy will carry on through you.

I married into a pretty great family.

Comments

  1. That was very sweet Barbara. You are always so thoughtful and I appreciate your kindness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Barbara. It was so nice of you guys all to be there.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment