I Am a Soccer Mom
Saturdays mean soccer around our house. Last Saturday morning Max was bouncing around the house because he was going to get to play goalie this week. He was very excited. I was worried. I know they technically don't keep score, but everyone does.Right from the start of the game, it was a losing battle. It was 1:1 pretty quick, then 2:1, then 3:1. Of course, we were losing. Then Max went in as goalie. He was pretty good for his first time playing. He blocked two shots and ran up and grabbed multiple balls and kicked them away. They did score on him once, but in his mom's eyes, it wasn't all his fault. I know as goalie, the blame falls to him, but if his team had gotten out of the way, he could have smothered the ball instead of having to bounce back up from trying, and not getting back in position fast enough.
At least he didn't get hurt. (Others did). I am now going to bring a first aid kit with me to the games. My hands were pretty tied when I didn't have anything to work with. Thanks Kim for living close by so I could raid your cupboards. (Sorry if I scared you Marley.)
Max, I really love watching you play. You are aggressive and very passionate about the game. It makes my heart smile when you lose yourself in something you love.


Comments
Post a Comment