School Starts Tomorrow

School starts tomorrow and I am so sad. I am usually sad when I have to send my kids back to school. I have not decided if it is because I am selfish, or because I love them so much I love to have them around. I think it is because I really don't like anyone telling me what to do, and even though I as a mom trump a school teacher, they have a way of taking over our lives.

I am not, regardless, ready to send them off on another school adventure. Max is in the 3rd grade and Jacey is in the 6th. Two really big years. They are of course way past ready.

Here is a few pictures of our last few summer days. Jacey and Max in the above picture are trying out the new electric park close to our house.
Last Wednesday, we had an incredibly fun day. We took some friends and headed up to This Is The Place Heritage Park. Everyone had a great time and we stayed as long as we could. I really am proud of my kids that they have fun at museums. Jacey and Kate are with me is wishing that styles would change and bring back fashion hats, especially with lots of feathers.
Cherry Hill always is fun in the summer. Both of my kids prefer to spend the time in the swimming pools. Yeah, we do the slides once or twice per visit, but the swimming pools take precedence. As an old swimming teacher, it makes my heart smile when they enjoy something I love.
We also this last week went to the fire station. Max needed just a few more things signed off in his Wolf Book to earn his badge. He should receive it at his next pack meeting. While we were there, they had two calls. The first sent just the EMT's, but the second sent the fire trucks. It was interesting to see them responding to a call.

Comments