Ever Wonder Who Will Come To Your Funeral

It is four in the morning, and I can't sleep. My mind is just going and going, and I can't quite seem to settle down. Yesterday, I ran into one of my really cute friends from the past. Although I love her to pieces (and always will), I realized that I am not really part of her world anymore. That realization made me more sad than I can explain.

I liked them even before I met them. They built a house close to ours and I remember them working hard on their home even before they moved in. Since we had recently finished building our home, I appreciated those that seemed to put in as much time and value into their home as I did. She was like a another sister to me, and she taught me a lot about enjoying life.

I also remember the day they moved. I was very upset! In fact I was so upset that I couldn't really take the time to share with them the few moments remaining, so I cleaned my driveway. I knew then that life has a way of moving on, and I really didn't want to be left behind. Yes, we still keep in touch, but sometimes (like tonight) I still truly miss my friend.

Comments