I Love Disneyland







A few months ago I posted about our Disney's Give a Day, Get a Day experience, and what a great opportunity it was. Well, this last week, we headed to Disneyland to redeem our vouchers, and WOW what a vacation. I have to tell you that I went into this vacation with a lot of reservations. I am not as young as I used to be, and I was really worried that I am too much of a stick in the mud to enjoy Disneyland to the fullest for my kids.

Well. . . I love Disneyland. Let me say it again. I LOVE DISNEYLAND! There is MAGIC there, and the kids quickly learned that they have been deprived for all these years. Max (since he wanted to ride most of the rides with me) was hilarious. I could barely get a breath after riding Space Mountain with him the first time because I was laughing so hard. Through the whole ride he was either giggling or yelling at the top of his lungs that this was awesome. Jacey too had many moments of pure joy. The second day at Disneyland we entered the park early because we were staying at a Disneyland Hotel, and we got to ride Splash Mountain as many times as we wanted without any wait. Jacey was soaked, but didn't care. She kept telling us she wanted to go again. The vote for the favorite ride was Space Mountain, but I still think Splash Mountain is right up there as a close second. Max also loved the Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blaster ride. That one took us awhile to master. Gregg once got to level six, and Max was determined to beat him. We did have to come home, so Max will have to try again another time.

Gregg's friend who planned the trip for us talked us into buying a 5 day pass. I was skeptical, but I am glad we did. This is how our trip played out.

Day One: Flew into Long Beach California, and after getting lost finding our hotel went to a LA Dodgers baseball game.

Day Two: Went to Disneyland, and swam at our hotel.

Day Three: Went to Disneyland, and swam at our hotel.

Day Four: Went to Sea World and swam at our hotel.

Day Five: Went to California Adventure and Disneyland.

Day Six: Went to Legoland and went to Disneyland.

Day Seven: Went to Disneyland, and then flew home to rainy cold weather.

After the first full day, both Gregg and I were very sore, but we plowed onword. By day three we had blisters on our feet, but kept going. On day four Gregg got a cold, and by the end we all did, but we didn't let it stop us. We did everything we wanted to, ate food we hadn't tried before, spent way more money then we expected and mastered the Fast Pass system. All in all a great experience. Gregg and I ended up trading our Disney Vouchers in for extra Fast Passes, and Jacey and Max traded them in for souvenier Mickey Mouse Ears with trading pins. We had a fabulous time, and came home really tired. It was definitely worth it.

Comments

  1. Looks and sounds SOOO fun!! Glad you guys did it. Cailen is saving his pennies for our trip to go (hoping on next summer) so this just gets me even more pumped up. We went right before Cailen turned 1 and he loved it, but will love it EVEN MORE now that he is older and knows who all the characters are. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment