Granny Smith Apple Fries
I know it is not my usual "New To You Tuesday" (a phrase learned from my good friend Mindy), but I thought I would try something new, and unlike last Sunday's experiment of Beignets, this one was a success the first try. The Beignets were good, but not like the ones we had in California. Tonight I tried to duplicate the Granny Apple Fries that we had while visiting Legoland. They turned out really yummy.
I actually combined recipes that I found on the internet, and came out with a good flavor.
Here is the recipe for those interested in a "New To You" treat. You can even make them on Tuesday if you want.
Granny Apple Fries
4-6 Granny Smith Apples
1 cup Milk
2 Large Eggs
2 cups Flour
1 cup Sugar
Cinnamon to shake on after the fries are cooked.
Peel and core apples and cut into fries. Beat milk and eggs together and place some apple fries into the milk mixture to soak. In a bag mix flour and sugar together. Take the well soaked apples and place them in the bag and shake well to be sure they are well coated.
Fry the coated apples in a deep fryer until golden brown. Drain on a paper towel. While still very hot shake cinnamon on the apple fries (I used cinnamon-sugar).
Dipping Sauce:
1/4 cup Whipped Cream Cheese
1/4 cup Marshmallow Creme
Dash of Pumpkin Spice, (I used Apple Pie Spice)
Let me know if you try these, and how you like them.


They look and sound fabulous.
ReplyDelete