
Well the big day finally arrived, and it was simply marvelous. Thanks to all who came and supported my cute son. As I sat in the chapel with family and friends all around, the thought came to my mind that it truly does take a "Kingdom" to raise up a righteous son (or daughter). Thank you for your example to us and for helping to make the day great.
A special thank you should go to our home teacher who at the 11
th hour pulled off a beautiful musical number for the baptismal service. He knew that I was stressing to find an appropriate musical number and he asked if he could spearhead the whole thing. What a great service he rendered unto me. As I have thought about this since Saturday, I have come to a new understanding of the Lord. He tells us that if we love Him, we should serve his children. Well, you could bring me dinner for a month, and I still would not feel like I did when Brother Bailey served my son. The gratitude in my heart goes so much deeper.

The day before Max's baptism, we finally had the chance to hold his birthday party. Gregg and I decided that 16 boys are way too many. Especially if you give them all a sword and
shield. It went well, and I believe that everyone had a good time. The "Knight In Shining Armor" had everyone he invited come. That is pretty good odds. I was also impressed with the friends that he has made. They are all for the most part (they are boys you know) courteous and kind. They come from upstanding families and have a good time together. I am not sure you can get 16 girls together and have them all get along. Happy Birthday Max.
Comments
Post a Comment