
Max had a great opportunity this past week to be in a local junior high's production of the Music Man. He played a member of the boys band. He had a great time. He loves to perform, and especially likes to be part of whats going on.
I, however, learned that I am definitely not made like other moms. I was certainly not going to drop off my son at a school in which I knew no one to be unsupervised for a three hour practice. So I stayed around. One other boy's mom (Max's theater teacher) was also there as a choreographer for the show. I knew she would be a little busy, and thought she may need or want some help. My question is this. . .
where were the other moms? Can I really be that off base?

Max's goal each night was to see how sweaty he could get. Max was definitely the highlight of the show. As Gregg sat through it, he kept telling me that it was a little painful. Then Max did his thing and Gregg turned to me and said, "that was worth it." The pride of a parent certainly can change the view in which we see our world.
Comments
Post a Comment