20th Anniversary
Gregg and I recently celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary. Can you believe it? Well you could if you really took a look at my hair. I really think I have come a long way with trying to get out of the 80's.Gregg finally convinced me to leave our kids with Grandma and Grandpa for a few days, and we took off to have some much needed alone time. I really do have a very wonderful husband, and I was quite pleased to go back to the place we were married and spend a few hours with him. I traveled down memory lane while I was there. I remembered the day we were married. It was a nice April day (opposed to the freezing snow this year), and the flowers were beautiful. I love the Salt Lake Temple. I love being part of the history that it has seen over the years. Then, I remembered coming to the temple often during the many years following. Many times I came to find solace. During the years that Gregg and I tried to have children, the temple was the one place that actually gave me strength. Every time I go through the veil into the celestial room, I feel the real power that is there. That power and my love for Gregg was what gave me the strength that aided me through the years and years of infertility. As I sat on the very back row, I remembered another time I sat on the back row. That day I struggled through the session with hot flashes. The hot flashes were due to a temporary menopause that the doctors put me through to help with my endometriosis. Hoping it would work. Now, many years and two children later, I am at such peace with where I am in life. I have loved the journey that Gregg and I have traveled together. Those years were hard. Very hard. The painful yearning then has given us such joy now. My much longed for children are indeed a very integral part of who Gregg and I are today. Thank you Gregg for traveling with me through it all.
I LOVE YOU, and believe it or not, Jacey and Max were fine when we picked them up.


Comments
Post a Comment