Life's up and downs provide windows of opportunity to determine your values and goals. Think of using all obstacles as stepping stones to build the life you want. Marsha Sinetar

Wednesdays are usually harder days than the rest of the week because we have to get up earlier than normal for piano lessons. Yesterday I was determined to not let it get the best of me. So I thought I was doing pretty well when I had gotten the kids up for their lessons, made beds, cleaned the upstairs, started the laundry and made muffins for breakfast, and then gotten them off to school all without any fights.

Then I started tackling the house. I have finally gotten my house pretty much back together after the huge project we took on last fall with getting new carpet. The laundry room which was the last of my painting projects is now done, and I am moving on to getting back into my routines. Wednesday is the day I clean the kitchen. So I started there while also trying to catch up on the laundry which was backed up from when I painted. By the time I picked up the kids from school, my work was pretty much done, and I had found time to exercise on top of everything. I had even thought about what to have for dinner before it was dinner time.

I took Jacey to the dermatologist (hurray we don't have to come back), and was able to make it home without taking her shopping. Homework was next and dinner. Jacey even made a new lemon square recipe (yummy). Then we had a few minutes before our neighbor was coming over to get a blessing before his knee surgery today. I took out the book we are currently reading and that is where the day started to go down hill.

What happened was this. . . I tried reading to the kids while they were playing the wii. . . . What was I thinking? They weren't interested so I read a little to myself. When it was time for bed, Max accused me of being selfish, and was very upset that I had read on. No amount of consoling him worked so he went to bed feeling sad and neglected. He even reminded me that I owe him a yellow cake with chocolate frosting. Which is a story all on it's own. I had to promise not to read without him.

So note to self. . . When we are doing something as a family.. . . KEEP IT A FAMILY THING.

Comments